Are you sleep deprived at work?
Getting less sleep than your body requires seems to be the norm in this day and age, particularly due to the excessive social and work demands of daily
life, combined with poor sleeping habits. How much sleep the body needs differs from person to person. However, the effects of sleep deprivation are
common across the board.
General sleepiness is quite a distinctive symptom of sleep deprivation, yet the effects of being sleep deprived are much more serious as they can compromise
one’s abilities and performance, leading to errors while travelling to and from work, as well as at work. This, in turn, increases the risk of incidents
and accidents. The effects of sleep deprivation include, but are not limited to:
- Decreased mood & increased irritability
- Decreased standard of communications
- Decreased speed & accuracy
- Problems with memory & judgment
- Decreased physical strength
- Excessive sleepiness, resulting in micro-sleeps